Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Coffee Addict

Singapore Riddle

Question: Which is more talkative - kopi or bread?
Answer: Bread, because Breadtalk but Kopitiam.

Talking about kopi, I am having withdrawal symptoms from my 2 sources of coffee.

Don't know when, but I think it all started with Aly, who had a coffee kick and she was in the high throughout the night of the lecture event. And I heard she greeting at everyone at the registration with much hype.

And it's as if Coffee Bean came knocking on my taste buds again reminding me that there are other beverages other than tea with milk and Milo. Suddenly, I remembered that I haven't been drinking my favourite Coffee Bean ice blended Mocha with whipped cream for a long time. And now I'm having regrets giving in to one cup of harmless coffee. Now everytime, I passed by an outlet, my legs will automatically head for it, as if there are magnets drawing me in. And eventually, I got myself a Coffee Bean coffee $25 stored value card! Argh, I think I better control myself abit, cos it's an expensive drink!

Seriously, I'm not really a coffee drinker, especially where we have the luxury of a freshly brewed coffee machine in our office pantry -- all thanks to my former Ang Moh boss for such a good taste. However, most of my colleagues and I prefer the plain water... yah, so wasted hor... you may say.

My other coffee is actually this new Korean show Coffee Prince, which I was recently hooked on. I think the last Korean series that I’m glued to is Jewel in the Palace… long time man! All thanks to one of my researcher who is researching on media, culture and society. And watching DVDs is considered doing research…... envy.

I have been a good gal staying home every night to chase the series, until the company’s dinner made me missed one episode and thus die-die must get me hands on the DVD.

I'm now trying to catch the re-run of
Princess Hours on every Friday at 11:30 pm … cos I missed it the other time, as it was shown at the 7 pm slot.

No comments: