Monday, August 20, 2007

Are You "Young" Enough for Fireworks?

Was reading this week’s 8 Days with Fiona Xie as the front cover. Hmm ...her new Cleopatra hairdo…seems abit familiar.

Okie back to what I wanna say…. I came across this quote from MM LEE KUAN YEW on how Singapore has changed.

“[Fireworks are] a few minutes of joy… why do you burn this [when] you can build a community club? That’s my generation. It’s hard-earned money. But this is what they [the new generation] want. They want the excitement.”

Hmm…don’t know whether to cry or not. Firstly, there goes my $. Secondly, I think I’m really old liao, cos I find myself agreeing with him..…hehe…as if I frequently patronized the community club like dat.

Like any Singaporeans, who’s got nothing else better to do during the weekend, so I brought my boys to see the fireworks and of course, to make my money worthwhile. I think everyone must have the same thoughts, as we saw throngs of people heading down towards from Raffles Place to Fullerton Hotel. So we decided to take a left turn towards UOB Plaza to avoid the crowd. So we hung around at the MacDonalds at Boat Quay.

BAD CHOICE! We waited till about 9:30 pm (but it was stated that it will be starting at 9 pm), before catching a glimpse of the fireworks and it was really A GLIMPSE, cos we were being blocked by Fullerton Hotel. We didn’t even wait for the whole fireworks celebration to finish and started heading back. However, the younger boys did enjoy themselves, except for the long walk back to our car, which was parked at Hong Lim Complex.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's certainly hard earned money! And SO why does he still need to get paid and so much!?! Imagine... the money can be used to build more CCs and swimming pools!

Anonymous said...

OH! And who is that salah face on the cover! Hahah

Barlalee said...

That's Alyson aka Pinkwhistle. View her blog (under my links) for the "real" her. That's the result for going on half day leave yesterday, leaving me behind to slog at the office.

Anonymous said...

I thought it was you and actually meant to suan you... hahhaha