Wednesday, August 15, 2007

I Had My Big “Os” Today!

Couldn’t help thinking about it all day since morning. And even skip lunch today so that I can solely indulge in them later. My heart skipped when my colleague told me that he has finally arrived. He asked my why I’m so chirpy, I told him I have been waiting for him all day long! My fingers fumbled to rip it open. Tabuleh tahan! I must have it now! Arh….it’s truly awesome! (And best eaten while it’s still hot.) Oh! I simply love Munchy Donut!

And what are you thinking of?

Hehe…it’s actually the second time that I'm sinking my teeth into those “branded” donuts. Frankly speaking, I don’t think I would ever have the patience to queue for hours for those fad donuts. The most is 15 minutes for my favourite laksa yong tau hu at the NUS Arts Canteen.

The one at the basement of Raffles City is rather “drama” – I heard one’s got to queue for hours. Is that the Donut Factory? Many times, I have been misled by the short queue, only to find out that there are part 2 and part 3 to the queue. There was once when I bypassed that place and found out that there was a short queue, but then it was almost 8.30 pm and there were only 2 of the not-so-popular flavours left.

I recently read the food review in 8 Days magazine that Munchy Donut was rated 4.5 out of 5. It’s not too bad, but best eaten while it’s still warm. I like the blueberry and cheesy one, but find the rest a bit too sweet for my liking. I prefer savoury food to sweets. For those who are interested, Munchy Donutsdoes delivery to limited areas with a minimum order of 5 boxes and there is a delivery charge of $5.

By the way, must credit Aly, who has so generously bought this sua ku and too-lazy-to-queue aunty her first “branded” donut. Aly, don’t say I never take care of you ah. I’ve saved a dozen of them for you for breakfast tomorrow. It’s in the fridge.

However, I think I had a bit too much today. I have ordered 10 boxes of a dozen of donuts each for the roundtable seminar event today. Hmm….round food for the roundtable. And I had 3.5 pieces at the office and another 1 more back home. Yah they are right in their tag line that one is not enough! But then hor the calories can kill, sure get diabetes one! Hopefully that should kill my craving for donuts for a while.

1 comment:

Alyson Rozells said...

i think i'm gonna drop by cold storage today ;)