Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Operation White Ankle

Eversince I started driving, I have been tunning in to the radio stations for traffic reports, instead of playing whatever CD music that Joel has requested, like his Barney songs and Mickey Mouse music, or Hokkien worship. Felt like a DJ, man!-- "Yoh DJ! Hey pump this party!"

This morning, The Flying Dutchman from Class 95 was reporting on "Operation White Ankle" along Telok Blangah Road towards Pasir Panjang Road. And it had Glenn Ong in stitches, as he noticed that the Flying Dutchman has very "white" ankles, and was teasing the white Caucasian man for a solid 5 minutes.

But I find the code rather amusing! At first, I thought that the police are stopping the cars to spot check on drivers/drug traffickers for any hidden sachets of white stuff strapped to their ankles! I can't imagine, what they would come up next -- "Operation White Underwear"?

On the sideline -- remember those army mobalisation codes that were being flashed on while our favourite TV programs were shown, especially on Saturday afternoons. Most of the codes were weird too.

Ok, back to what I wanna say. Later on, someone called in and actually asked what does "Operation White Ankle" means. The DJs clarified that as long as you hear "Operation something... something..." it means to drive within the speed limit. Ah! Now we know?

But I then again, I have yet another burning question. If the traffic police is keen on nabbing those who speed, then what for warn people right? To save the trees by issuing less traffic tickets? How noble!

No comments: