Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Shiok-a-Doodle-Doo

Today marks the 2nd day of the 3-day conference for which I'm anchoring. This morning, my caterer came in late and my guests were left stranded at their hotel, cos the bus which I booked got stuck in a jam and have to book cabs for them instead. And after settling everybody in, I was feeling hungry, yet no appetite -- how contradicting hor -- but it's the same old catering food lah. However, still have to eat a little, cos haven't had anything for breakfast all morning.

On the sidetrack, as an events organiser, even when you feel bloated, still have to test the food to see if it's worth re-ordering. Maybe I should include my role as a food taster as part of my job duty in my next appraisal. But my all-time favourite caterer is Orchid Thai. Sure to have space for that -- all the time. I must say their food is tasty and it's defintely different from the rest. I especially like their tom yum soup, mango salad, lemon grass drink and many more. Contact Ah Jay. (Jay Chou's Bro)

But, today I have ordered food from another caterer. So as usual, the events team started wondering for alternatives for lunch. If you were to see the spread that we have catered for the conference and then see us eating something else instead. But we couldn't help, cos we eat catered food almost twice a month. I bet they must be wondering either the catered food is not tasty, or the events team must be something wrong up there.

And Aly (with the light blub shining so bright above her head) has to tempt us with the Malay rice at Engineering Canteen, and we unanimously agreed to her suggestion. Oh! How I miss the Malay rice there. A simple meal of fried chicken wing, sayur lodeh and their chilli is enough to give me the kick. Not forgetting also to drown it down with Coke from MacDonalds! Yummy lunch! It simply erased my distress from the morning, man!


Actually, we sort of missed the canteen food back at the Kent Ridge Campus (KRC), eversince we shifted to the Bukit Timah Campus (BTC), which doesn't even served the basic food, such as chicken rice or fishball noodles. So those of you who are still complaining about having the same old food at KRC, better be grateful that you have more than 60 over stalls to choose from the various canteens. Perhaps, you should drop by to BTC one of these days. Give me a call, if you were to drop by.

1 comment:

Alyson Rozells said...

check out barina's face! full of concentration! :P