Tuesday, December 25, 2007

I Love Christmas ... (Shopping actually) !

It has already been a ritual that the night of Christmas eve is reserved for party with my relatives belonging to my maternal side. And this is the 4th year that we've held it at Ming's condominum.

Thank God the weather was fantastic that day. I think Ming must have prayed hard for the weather, but forgot pray to win the top 4 lucky draw prizes, which is the main highlight of the event. It had us cheering at the top of our voices and sucking up to the guest-of-honor (Ah Ma) not to pick our names first. The 1st prize this year is a $80 voucher and the subsequent 2nd to 4th prize is a $50 voucher each. The rest of the prizes consist mainly of very practical presents such as tissue boxes, biscuits and recycled presents (which I'm sure everyone is aware of) such as perfume, souveniers from the beer promotion, photo frames, etc. I've got a packet of biscuit this year. Opps nearly forgot -- must credit Ming, Peng & Arbi for sponsoring the buffet dinner; and Daddy Yeo, Peng and Henry for the vouchers.

The kids enjoyed themselves most, cos they were showered with presents. And their mummy here too, has enjoyed shopping for presents for the past few days (with permission granted from Gavin, ok) who had kindly agreed to help to babysit the kids, while I shopped to my heart's content.

Did I tell you my dream job (last time lah) is to be a purchaser at some departmental stores or be a professional shopper. Now I wish I have the $$$$$ to set up my very own shop to sell clothes, gifts and anything trendy, except "kar-chung".

No comments: