Friday, December 21, 2007

My Name is "Blackie"

Have been busy lately with Christmas with feasting, shopping for Christmas gifts, spring cleaning and spending time with the kids before school reopens, however, the weather has not been great.

Talking about feasting, we had our admin lunch at the Straits Kitchen at Hyatt Hotel on Wednesday, 19 December. Lunch was good cos it's buffet serving local hawker delights. And we bump into Aunty Connie who brought her department there too.

Just prior to lunch, we had our gifts exchange. I bought a wallet for my secret pal, Selvi, who does not need anything, cos she is blessed with a husband who shops for her from clothes to footwear and even her Christmas presents for the office and gift exchange. And I received a lovely necklace from Fern Ni in my favourite colour, green.

Ate too much that afternoon and the new shoes that my mother-in-law gave were biting me, so I decided to have my bi-annual haircut. I hate going to the hairdresser, cos it's a 3-4 hours affair of washing, cutting, rebonding (this time round), colouring, treatment, blow dry and some minor trimming again. It's worst during festive period. I would usually give some excuse about rushing off to fetch my kids and then they'll get 2 helpers to colour and blowing my hair. However, this recent trip to the hairdresser was a nightmare and it broke my record of 4 hours. I sat from 4:30 to 10:00 pm -- a solid 5.5 hours. By 7:30 pm, I still haven't colour my hair and I was so traumatized that I decided to colour my hair all black, so that I need no go back to the hairdressing saloon to have "alps" of my head being touch up for a while. I was getting up from my chair every half an hour to stretch myself. I definitely got pins on my buttocks, cos I can't sit still, which also explains why I enjoy my events job lor.


And guess what is the first sentence that my husband said to me?


Gavin: Wah, so long ah, got buy my KFC burger or not?
Val: Yah, no $ to take cab, cos spent a bomb at the hairdressor liao.
(Ah! Now I finally managed to get his attention.)
Gavin: Oh, how's your haircut? Not much difference leh?
Val: I JUST rebonded my hair and colour my hair black.
Gavin: Oh I see.
Val: Never mind, go and eat your burger.


That night, I think my face was as black as my hair.

No comments: