Sunday, March 9, 2008

Hi! Fly Guy

It has been a busy weekend -- driving Gavin for his pre-Lasik evaluation on Friday, followed by his Lasik surgery on Saturday and review on Sunday. It would be have been ok, if not for allowing my kids to tag along with me. Or else, I could have at least do some window shopping at Paragon, while waiting for him. In the end, I was stuck at the clinic for more than 3 hours on both Friday and Saturday. I finally decided to pack my kids to my mum's place on Saturday night for some PEACE at last!

That is Gavin with his googles, which he needed to put on for a few days before he goes to bed. My sons has been calling him "Fly Eyes", as the googles are round and bulging -- looks like the aerial view of the Esplanade.

I remembered 5 years ago, when one of my friend went for Lasik, it was rather expensive, like $2,000 per eye and one has to pay cash up front. Nowadays, I rather afforable (slightly more than $2k) and it can be paid by installment somemore. Cool! Hmm, I wonder when will it be the day that one can pay for Lasik through Medisave?

I was just telling Gavin that it's a bit "bo hua" (not worth it) for him, as he has been wearing contact lenses all these while and it didn't make a difference in his outer appearance. Like all woman, I guess my rationale would be for vanity sake. However, my very practical husband tried very hard to explain to me that it's because his spectacles are always thick and heavy; and putting/removing contact lenses is a chore. (By the way, the power of his eyes are about 1000 degrees each.) I do wonder if choosing contact lenses over spectacles is consider vanity? Thus, I conclude that Vain is not only limited to Valerie, but also to GaVin!

1 comment:

Alyson Rozells said...

AIYOH! Gavin is super 'tak glam'!!