Friday, March 7, 2008

My New Toy for 2008

Finally, got my hands on the SONY T200 camera. I actually wanted a red one, but they only have silver or black for the promotion, thus I chose the classic silver one instead. Aly has got the exclusive red one, which she bought last September when it was first launched. However, I got the better deal, cos mine is cheaper and it came with the photo printer, camera case and 1 extra memory card FREE ... hehe.

But comparing gadgets and promotion can be such a heartache. Technology is happening so fast that within a year, there are many newer and better models with more megapixels being launched. I had my fare share of such "sim-tia" moments too.

My previous one was a Canon Ixus 40 and it had served me well. I always carry a camera in my one-tonne handbag, although my Dopod has a built-in camera. I do not wish to miss out on capturing memorable ocassions, such as of my kiddos, impromptu gila ideas of sabo-ing my colleagues and not forgetting for site visits. I think I have fiddled with the switch on my camera too much and it had became loose. Gavin suggested that I sent it for repairs, and I tried very hard explained that besides that, the current camera is only 4 megapixels - hello??? And seriously, after 3 years of fully utilising it, I am glad to pronounce it's retirement -- fully depreciated.

Lately, I have noticed that I had not developed a lot of pictures and thus lesser photo albums lying at home. I used to take roll and rolls of pictures, capturing the growth of Bryan's growing up years. It was almost like a roll every month, until he turned 2. And after that, I limited myself to 1 roll per quarter and it was a really causing a strain on my neck to wait so long to develop those photos. That's why, I decided to invest in my first digital camera. Now, I can suka suka view those pictures from my computer and also share it with my family and friends. But I have one concern which is having to diligently back up those digital copies, which I have not been doing so lately. I can't imagine what would happen, if my external hard disk will crash on me one day. CHOY! Hmm, maybe I should get myself another external hard disk at the next computer fair.

No comments: