Saturday, November 29, 2008

I Cried At My Sons' Graduation

Today is a very busy day, as Gavin and I have to rush from Bryan's Mindchamps Graduation at Toa Payoh to Joel's Graduation Concert at Ghim Moh.

Every child was asked to stand out in front of the class to read what they wrote in their Thank-You to their parents. Being the sentimental Bryan, he couldn't control his emotions and started to cry. I asked him why he cried. He replied that he was very touched by what his friends had written and when it was finally his turn, he felt his emotions all welled up. Mummy also shed tears of joy and am very proud of him.
This is what he wrote on the card.

Heart-shape card of thanks.

Dear Mum and Dad, You are special because you help me pay for the things I want. Next time, I will help you pay for the things you want. I will never be selfish again. Mum and Dad, I love you because you care for me. mum and Dad, I will never lose you. Love, Bryan.

Leave-shape card of wishes

Bryan Tan: 1) I wish that my parents will spend time with me more often. 2) I wish they will be together in a happy life.

He simply loves the red cap.

Bryan with Teacher Johanna

Chef Joel performing a dance of "STOMP" with pots and pans.

By the way, he used to call himself a "cooker" when he was young, before changing it to "chef". I can't help but share with you his other "ER" jokes, which often had me in stitches. A straw is called a "sucker". A hanging hook is called a "hooker".

Supposedly, he was to be a farmer, but somehow I thought he looked more like a swordsman.

Guy smiley is so happy that we were there to catch his performance at his school concert. Although, he is not graduating till he's in K2 next year, however seeing him grown at a tremendous pace and is now able to perform 2 dances for me, makes me wanna tear again. I can't imagine when he graduates next year, I'll probably have to wear my sunnies and bring more tissues.

As you can see, it's always Joel bullying Bryan.
Lady-killer swordsman! Mr Baey in the making?
Among his "boy" friends (so called)
Joel with form teacher, Teacher Zai
A very tired swordsman. A pre-Chinese New Year shot? Yeah, I didn't notice that both of them were so red until I downloaded the pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... I'm so touched that I want to cry too... *Sobs*

Anonymous said...

me too.........

nana

yuene said...

Heh, your son was a cooker? Well, I was a drawer. Heh heh heh