Wednesday, November 26, 2008

It's All Worth It!

Finally, I managed to hold my peace and waited till the end of 2 years to renew my mobile contract and most importantly to change my mobile phone to a SAMSUNG OMNIA. The annual Singtel Roadshow (around this time of the year) promises good bargains and freebies. So I left my kids and hubby at my mum's place, as I was mentally and physically prepared to queue for more than 3 hours just to get a new phone. However, the noticeboard there announced a minimum waiting time of at least 5 hours, which I thought it's crazy, as the dailies each day reported on the economic downturn. BUT, the crowd at the roadshow seems unfazed and I queued for more than an hour just to get a Q number! And another 2 hours hanging around the BookFest which was held concurrently at the same venue, before Singtel paged for me to return to collect and pay for my new handset, which took another 15 mins. By then, I was too tired and hungry to queue again to trade off my Dopod.

I thought I would just end my day with dinner with my parents and family for dinner at Viet Cong along Bras Basah Road. However, my parents decided to walk to Suntec for some shopping for winter clothing for their winter trip to Korea at the end of the year. Seriously, I'm not sure where did I get the energy to walk back to Suntec again.

Immediately, upon reaching Suntec, I drag my family and headed back to the Singtel Roadshow again to trade off my old phone in the mass trade-off exercise. Indeed, I got a better trade-off rate of S$100 instead of $60, which I just checked with a Singtel shop the night before. I was extremely pleased. Then, I decided to stop by the redemption counter to exchange my receipt for a mug shot of my family, as a souvenir. The guy over the desk told us that he's participating our picture in the lucky draw to win a TV. Yet again, we spent another 1.5 hours there. I was so damned tired but very pleased with my new handphone, the higher trade-off value for my old phone and a souvenir mug shot. I didn't think much, but just wanted to head home to wash up and plonked on my sofa and watch my weekly dose of "Mobile Love Story"... Bliss.

Guess what? Almost a week later, Singtel called me to inform me that I have won a SONY TV in their "Best Smile Contest". Of course lah, I'm happy with my purchase that day what! But I think one of the main reason is having my whole family join in the picture to fill up the blue background, that's why the picture looks better...hehe!

Other than the lucky jackpot at Genting Highlands this year, which I played for fun during my last hour before heading back to Singapore, so far this is my biggest prize that I have ever win in my life. Seriously, I do hope to win a TV, as the TV at home is a bulky CRT TV, which we had for almost 8-9 years, and I think it's still very reliable that it can last us for another good 5 years.

I'm so happy with my SAMSUNG OMNIA and 32" SONY BRAVIA. It's all worth the queue!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BIG BIG Congrats! :)