Tuesday, September 18, 2007

It's Appraisal Time!

The Annual Review is due today! It is like a huge stone being lifted from my heart, as if it’s like submitting a proposal for extra funding … yah, funding for my allowance and lifestyle.

Writing a self-appraisal can be rather stressful. I had spent some hours last week and the whole day of yesterday selling “ko-yok”! In the end, I submitted a 7-page long report listing down my job duties and a whole lot of 80+ events. On top of that, there was another 10 over pages of thank-you notes and whatever supporting documents that I can find.

Somehow those cheesy advertisements from http://www.mocca.com/ have rubbed on me, especially the tag line – Search, Buy, Sell & Connect - Search through the Institute’s web for the list of events that we’ve organized. Buy lunch for Barina …. must “fan” her a bit you know :P but luckily she is on training course. Sell “koyok” and making my job duties and achievements known -- no shame at all hor!? Connect with my inner self to reflect beyond the activities, but also looking at the people behind the scenes.

And as I looked back, every year the number of events seems to be escalating. And it’s only when we started compiling the list that we began to look back how the year has been – 2 words – FAST and FURIOUS. However, it has been a joy working with Barina, Barlyson and Banana (the only thorn among the roses). We called ourselves Team Synergy.

The other person that I always thank in my heart, but often not verbally -- is my husband -- who has allow me to go all the way out to work in confidence and in peace. He has put his job search on whole for more than a year and occasionally doing some part-time jobs, so that he can be there for the kids and to manage the family and the household chores. Boy, it’s not an easy task. It takes a lot discipline. I would probably be lazying around, which is what I usually do on Saturday. Once I see the bed, my body goes “lembek”. And if you ask me to stay home to be a full-time “Ah Soh”, I think I’ll go mad first

No comments: