Saturday, September 8, 2007

Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

Every year around this time, I would be busy with events, cos it's usually peak period for me. But this year, slight budget cut, thus got a bit of time on OUR hands. So my colleagues came up with this crazy surprise.

I’m usually quite alert but this time don’t know why damn “naïve”. How come I didn’t smell any rat! Must be losing too much blood from under there! First, Rina tricked me to join them to Concourse to buy party stuff for Rina’s children day party which does not exist at all. While I was shopping for Joel’s birthday party packs, they secretly bought the deco stuff.

In the evening, my jogging kaki said that they got last minute plans thus can’t join Uncle Henry and me for our jogging series. And since I had missed 2 weeks of jogging due to Ah Kit’s farewell bash and Comex, I really felt that I need to continue without them cos getting a bit flabby these days. Usually, Uncle Henry will scold us upside down for missing and we would give the silly excuses such “Big Aunty Come” and whether if he needs verification … hehe; or would pray for rain (now you know why if it rains on Thursday!). But this time Uncle didn’t even open his gap.

When I came back from my jog, I was surprised to see Alyson around in the office and even commented that she should join us as we managed to finish our
run early. At the turn after the mail box, I saw that the green balloons all over my cubicle… and some resemble coconuts trees … so sweet of them to plan a birthday surprise for me.


And as I walk towards my cubicle, I think my face suddenly also turn green … not so much from the reflections from the balloons, but the sight of the aftermath of the “supposingly sweet” SURPRISE. My cubicle was littered with confetti from the office shredder. Siao liao! And they also hid my chair and a couple of the spare chairs away!

Let me introduce the main masterminds and not forgetting the little elves who help tie the coconut balloons.



The best part is they all took time off the next morning and let me to clear up the mess and I jolly well thought they would be kind enough to lick them up for me. And I spend the next half an hour cleaning up. But luckily they redeemed themselves by buying me a durian cake from Angie’s cake shop, for the energy lost.


THANK YOU pals for the very memorable birthday surprise. However, next year I wish that my 2 events colleagues will have more events to keep them busy and away from any tricks.

Hehe…have I told you before that I get a bit “hyper” after durian? Now it only makes me even more excited about my next big plans. My creative juice is oozing from my brains already...so whose next?!

2 comments:

Onion Pancake said...

You have such cool colleagues! :)

Alyson Rozells said...

I couldn't agree with you more! ;)

Now, must plan wat to do for Yati's birthday! :)

Muahahahah!