Friday, September 28, 2007

Whose Next?

A week long update.

Just as I was feeling a bit better, one by one, the rest of my family fell sick lor!

Joel was the second victim to be down with fever on Saturday, followed by Gavin with a throbbing headache on Sunday.

Monday, 24 September was Joel’s 4th birthday. Actually, I pre-ordered a Thomas Train cake for him to celebrate with his friends in school. However, he was still sick, so only managed to just invite MIL & SIL to celebrate with him at home. This is the second consecutive year that he didn’t get to celebrate it in school, as he contracted chicken pox during his birthday last year.

Was stucked the whole of Tuesday at home with Joel – and I mean literally STUCK! You simply can't do anything else, unless the TV is on. The 2 hours spent playing Lego with him was so draining on my energy (I mean of my creative juice) – like kanna being squeezed through the sugar cane juice machine. He commanded me to build all sort of motor vehicles. And when he finally slept, I too was knocked out.

Ah! Finally I was able to get back to work on Wednesday to clear the backlog of emails. Then, it was Bryan’s turn to fall ill. Wah lau eh! 4 days away from office already, just went back for a day and then still got to take another 2 days off again! I still got deadlines to clear, man!

So decided to bring Bryan in to office to work on Thursday. Also, the dialup to internet at home is really crawling like snail mail. Yah, aku still using DIALUP! Luckily, my office is quite flexible with that (or am I just assuming only).

Today, is a busy day. Felt like a taxi driver.

After having fetch Joel to school, then Gavin, who is late for work and lastly Bryan to mum’s place, who was helping me babysitting for a day.

The moment I reach mum’s place, I slumped right into the sofa. Somehow, there's no place like home, where I had lived the last 2o over years. Mum offered me some milk, as the stress is making my stomach very hungry. Catch up a little with mum. As I started to share with her my stress and frustration, tears started to well up in my eyes uncontrollably.

Rushed back to office cleared some email, before running some errands and hotel site visits. Luckily, my colleagues pitied me and suggested taking taxi there. Phew, no need me to drive!

Went back campus to pick up the car to fetch Joel. Then drop off Joel and the packed dinner to Gavin, who is the latest fever victim. Then, mum called to say that Bryan wanted to come back home instead of staying overnight. So off to mum's place again and grab some dinner with dad and mum. And finally managed reached home at 8:15 pm only. By then, someone was in PMS mood liao because of that pesky Joel.

I am so tired. Going to sleep now.

No comments: