Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tough Choice - But Not Anymore

After 2 weeks of homework and revision, finally it’s the big day that I'm waiting for – The PC Show 2008, which is being held at Suntec – so exciting!

My Acer laptop of more than 3 years have been showing me its crankiness lately, and I have praying hard that it will at least last me for another 3 weeks, before I kick its butt.

So of I went happily, knowing what the specifications that I should be looking out for. It has to be at least a Intel Core 2 Duo processor (2.10 GHz), 250 HDD, 2 GB DDR2 RAM, 13.3” or 14.1” around 2 kg and with the price range of $1,500 - $1,800 and so forth. Not forgetting to check the freebies gifts and credit card promotion, as to which card got more free gifts or lucky draw chances. I have even streamlined to the final 3 brands. All I need is to just go to the booth and have a feel of the keypad and the total outlook of the laptop. You know us gals lah, we are very particular with colour, style and design… hehe

I thought I would be able to get something today, as I was pretty sure that I am capable of that. However, once I reached there, the kiasu Singaporean mentality began to swallowing me up. For 2 solid hours, I was busy collecting brochures and speaking with the representatives from Acer, Asus, Compaq, Dell, Fujitsu, HP, Lenovo, LG, NEC Sony and Toshiba. I didn’t even have the time to proceed to level 6.

I was totally swamped with information. The more I see, the more I’m confused. I began to which exhibiter is crowded, as crowdedness means it’s probably better. Then I did a quick swipe of the hall with my eyes of what are the popular purchases being made, judging from the brand of the paper bags that they were carrying. Guess what? I saw a lot of people carrying a black paper bag with a 4-letter word in white.

By 9:30 pm (half an hour past the closing time), my legs were almost giving way and my stomach was growling. So, I decided to walk to McDonalds to grab a burger and also one for Gavin to thank him for babysitting the kids. (Guys, are so easy to pleased!) The walk through Suntec shopping centre is another WOW WOW – WINDOW SHOPPING again! I only managed to reach McDonalds half an hour later.

Finally, I reached home at 10:45 pm and woke Gavin up for supper. Did more revisions of the brochures. And as I was explaining to Gavin, it had also helped me narrowed down my own choices. I swear the 4-letter word has been ringing in my ears and appearing before my eyes every now and then. It has made me wonder what’s so good about it and it made me scrutinized the specifications in the brochures again. I think I have made my choice liao!

2 comments:

Alyson Rozells said...

oooooo i LOVE four letter words, especially those that begin with the letter 'S'!!

...and also a specific four letter word beginning with 'F'

...FOOD! ;)

Shalini Chauhan said...

so what did you get finally???