Sunday, June 1, 2008

Happy Birthday, Dad!

Seriously, I still can't imagine that dad has been upgraded to "Senior Citizen" title. He turn 61 this year, but he sure doesn't look like one. It was overheard at my wedding that my father actually looks younger than my husband. And Dad's energy and stamina is alot better than mine anytime, especially on Wii Sports.

My mother-in-law was pretty excited when she hit her 60s, as she finally got her Senior Citizen bus card, which entitles her to the various benefits. But I think the joy is definitely more than that. Hitting 60s marks another chapter of their lives, where life's focus are no longer over bread and butter, but finding time for themselves -- to do the things that they wanted to do when they are young, but have sacrificed it for the sake of the family.

In relation to the sensitive topic on age. Recently, I got to know that the age range for youth is between 18-35 years. Yikes! I'm almost reaching the end of my youth... sob sob. So what do you call the next classification (36-59) huh?


We had a pre-celebration of 727 durian cake bought from Kovan (near Upper Serangoon Road). Experience has taught us to eat birthday cakes 2-3 hours before dinner, as most of us are probably very full after dinner. The cake is really good, I must say.

So paiseh (shy) to have Dad treat us to dinner at Ming Jiang at the Goodwood Park Hotel. We wanted to treat him but he is even more excited about his birthday bash that he pre-booked it himself more than 5 days ago, before we could make any plans. Luckily, there is still Father’s Day celebration just around the corner.

Geez, I think I must have eaten a lot to balloon to this size in this picture. I think we must stop ordering that “sharky” soup, as Jas and Cavin have successfully abstain from it for years and Carol is starting it too. Blame it on Joel, as Dad is always ordering that soup because of him. And Jas, will you please stand in front of me the next time!

2 comments:

NaNa said...

Happy Birthday Uncle!!!

Oh certainly you don't look your age!

Warm wishes! = )

Shalini Chauhan said...

i must say - you look very very pretty and very ladylike with the new hairstyle :)