Friday, June 13, 2008

It's a SONY!

Finally, I managed to lay my hands on my white SONY VAIO notebook after 45 minutes of queuing for payment. But, it's all worth it although my legs are almost giving way after a 2-day workshop event.

I eventually chose SONY VAIO, because of it's specifications and more importantly that it comes equipped with a number of great their original software programs to edit videos, photos and music. And the freebies are really very attractive, especially with the ladies -- it comes with a matching white carrying case and mouse :) hehe, a free upgrade to 3GB RAM and 4GB thumbdrive.

Come to think of it, I am not a recent SONY convert, but a great fan! Just that the pocket finds it hard to sustain the brand loyalty.

My SONY buys over the last few years:
SONY 29" Trinitron CRT TV (almost 10 years - still very reliable)
SONY CLIE SJ30 PDA (2003 - bought 2nd hand from Y-Kit and it was later stolen a year later)
SONY CLIE PEG-TH55 PDA (2004 - the last of SONY's PDA marketed outside Japan -- discontinued shortly after I purchased it)
SONY Mircro Hifi System (2007 - from dad - it's was a freebie that's comes with his new TV)
SONY T200 Camera (2008 - March)
SONY DPP-FP 60 Picture Station (2008 - a freebie from the camera purchase)
SONY VAIO CR 353 Notebook (2008 - June)

My pre-loved CANON camera and ACER laptop lasted me for 3 years and both chose to die almost the same time. Sometimes, I wonder why can't they spread it out by taking turns - one year each? Hopefully, these SONY ones will last me for a longer period.

With this recent purchase, I have to remind myself to be more frugal and eat bread for the next few months probably! OUCH! :P

No comments: