Sunday, April 6, 2008

Bakers in the Making

Carol called yesterday and asked me if my kiddos and I wanna baked some rock buns/fruit cakes on Sunday. I was so proud to share with her that I've got the receipe still, as I have inherited my younger sis's Home Economics textbook from her Secondary 1 days (1990, I think) It's really ancient!

Carol was the patient chief chef that afternoon, giving instructions and teaching the kids to pour, measure, sieve flour; and eventually came the utlimate step -- the rub-in-method of the butter into the flour, which is a disaster in the making. The kids got so much dough on their fingers and we eventually ask them to stop and to wash their hands. Although the receipe mentioned that the portion was sufficient for 24 cookies, but we ended with 16 cookies instead.

Heheh...you wouldn't want to know what goes behind the kitchen and also the extra germs that were added into the mixture! It looks as if the kids are playing their regular Playdoh. Erh.. Gavin didn't dare try the buns at all.

Since we have some ingredients left, Carol and I decided to bake another lot of muffins, but this time round without the kids; they were busy watching TV already.

Don't they look yummy to you? But Carol commented that the taste was horrendous and they taste nothing like muffins at all. Hehe... confessions here! I forgot to add salt to it. :P

No comments: