Thursday, April 3, 2008

On the Rosier Side


I'm very suprised and touched when Gavin bought me a get-well-soon rose today as I was down with a very bad stomache and puked thrice during the last 2 days. (No, I'm not pregnant!)

In fact, last week, he bought me a stalk after our Church Senior Pastor gave a family talk during Santification Week (the Good Friday weekend) to the husbands to love their wives , not only through words, but also through actions.

That first flower was chosen by Joel and paid by daddy. But the best part is knowing that Gavin was following up with regards to our conversation, which we left off during Valentine's Day this year. He added on that he finally found a stalk that is not only big and beautiful but also cheap and it only cost him $1. I wished he would just simply smiled and keep the finer details to himself.

I remembered he mentioned 2 days before Valentine's Day that a stalk of rose cost $3. And I purposely reminded him on Valentine's Day itself that the rate per stalk actually went up to $7. I didn't even bother asking him about where's mine, as I knew along that I married a very practical man.

Actually, there were 2 ocassions, which I still remembered vividly. Once, when we were on a group outing to Cameron Highlands, after much perstering, he finally bought me a bouquet of small champagne roses - all wrapped up in newspaper. And the second occassion was of course the compulsory wedding bouquet of champagne roses (my favourite), which I think was part of the wedding package.

After that, my husband went on to add that it doesn't have to be on Valentine's Day to receive flowers and it's better than none right? Yeah right! In my heart, I was thinking -- one stalk a month, for 12 months. I'll probably have to wait for a year to accumulate my dozen of dried roses.

Stalk 1 - 28 March
Stalk 2 - 2 April
And still counting
.

1 comment:

Alyson Rozells said...

wah! so lo-man-tik! i think gavin hinting for #3 laaa ;)